ZOOM in the literature
PDFs of reports listed below are available on request. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the homepage.
The current suite of models each have their own manual:
- Groundwater flow model, ZOOMQ3D (Jackson and Spink, 2004)
- Advective particle tracking model, ZOOPT (Jackson, 2004)
- Distributed recharge model, ZOODRM (Mansour and Hughes, 2004)
Jackson C.R., 2004 User’s manual for the particle tracking model ZOOPT, British Geological Survey Internal Report, CR/04/141N
Jackson C.R., Spink A.E.F., 2004 User’s manual for the groundwater flow model ZOOMQ3D, British Geological Survey Internal Report, CR/04/140N
Mansour M.M., Hughes A.G., 2004 User’s manual for the recharge model ZOODRM, British Geological Survey Internal Report, CR/04/151N.
BGS now uses the ZOOM suite of models routinely on modelling projects. There is now a number of reports related to both ZOOM's development and use. Aside from the user's manuals, there are three reports related to the development of ZOOM:
- Jackson, C.R., 2001, The development and validation of the object-oriented quasi three-dimensional regional groundwater model ZOOMQ3D, British Geological Survey Internal Report IR/01/144.
- Jackson, C.R., 2002, Steady-state particle tracking in the object-oriented regional groundwater model ZOOMQ3D, British Geological Survey Comissioned Report CR/02/210N. Environment Agency Technical Report NC/01/38/2
- Jackson, C.R., 2002, The variation of hydraulic conductivity with depth in the object-oriented regional groundwater model ZOOMQ3D, British Geological Survey Comissioned Report CR/02/152N. Environment Agency Technical Report NC/01/38/1
Other open reports available related to the use of ZOOM include:
- The Dumfries Basin aquifer, British Geological Survey Research Report RR/06/02, 2006.
Available via the bgs shop
The ZOOM suite of models has been used on a number of studies in the UK (Jackson et al, 2005, Jackson et al, 2003, Stuart et al, 2006) and overseas (Hughes et al, 2008; Hughes et al, 2006).
Hughes A G, Mansour M M and Robins N S. 2008. Evaluation of distributed recharge in an upland semi-arid karst system: the West Bank Mountain Aquifer. Hydrogeology Journal, doi: 10.1007/s10040-008-0273-6
Hughes A.G., Mansour M.M., Robins N.S. and Peach D.W. 2006, Numerical Modelling of Run-Off Recharge in a Catchment in the West Bank, In Proceedings of MODFLOW and More 2006: Understanding through modeling, Golden, CO, May 21-24.
Jackson CR, Hughes AG, O’Dochartaigh BEO, Robins NS & Peach DW. (2005). Numerical testing of conceptual models of groundwater flow: a case study using the Dumfries Basin aquifer. Scottish Journal of Geology, 2005, 41(1), p51-60.
Jackson CR, Hughes AG, Mansour MM, Spink AEF, Bloomfield JP, Riches J & Jones MA. (2003). Numerical modelling of a multiple-well pumping test using a locally refined object-oriented regional groundwater model. In Proceedings of MODFLOW and More 2003: Understanding through modeling, Golden, CO, September 16-19, vol. 1, 2003, p. 383-387.
Stuart M E, Gooddy D C, Hughes A G and Jackson C R. 2006. A Field And Modelling Study To Determine Pesticide Occurrence In A Public Water Supply In Northern England, UK. Ground Water Monitoring Remediation Vol. 26 pt/no 4